Paprocki Insurance Agency Inc. Earns BBB Accreditation

Paprocki Insurance Agency Inc. Earns BBB Accreditation


Paprocki Insurance Agency Inc. Earns BBB Accreditation

Paprocki Insurance Agency announced its recent accreditation by BBB Serving Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin. As a BBB Accredited Business, Paprocki Insurance Agency is dedicated to promoting trust in the marketplace.

“We are pleased to be a BBB Accredited Business because we value building trust with our customers,” said Joel Paprocki. “Our BBB Accreditation gives our customers confidence in our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of conduct.”

BBB Accredited Businesses must adhere to BBB’s “Standards of Trust,” a comprehensive set of policies, procedures and best practices representing trustworthiness in the marketplace. The standards call for building trust, embodying integrity, advertising honestly and telling the truth, being transparent, honoring promises, being responsive and safeguarding privacy.


Paprocki Insurance Agency offers the full spectrum of insurance products.  Offerings include: auto, home, life, health, and commercial, as well as insurance for “toys” – boats, motorcycles, and RVs. We also offer niche products for food trailer, food truck, and mobile food vendors.

Most important, we stand firmly behind all our policies.  We aim to provide 24/7 claims service to help you every step of the way.

To view our BBB rating, please click here.

Who, What, Why, Where Additional Insureds?

Who, What, Why, Where Additional Insureds?

Additional Insureds Food Trailers

Additional Insureds (aka when a landlord or event informs you that you will need to produce a COI proving they are covered under your policy) are an important part of being a mobile food vendor. You know you need to have additional insureds listed on your policy to sign up with a commissary kitchen or to sign a lease for your food trailer location, but Who, What, Why, and Where!?!

Many think, “Hey, they are free riding off my policy!” But what is actually occurring is that they will be included in coverage for losses you would be responsible for anyway so that they don’t take on all your liability risk. Landlords still have their own insurance as well (or should!).

In the below example, assume we are talking about a landlord additional insured.


An Additional Insured is a second party with whom you are doing business. As part of their contract requirements, they may ask to be listed as covered on your policy.


Your food trailer business brings increased risk for the landlord with whom you are contracted. By listing them as an additional insured they are protected along with you on your policy for a claim from your actions. They are only covered for claims arising out of “your work.”

An example would be a suit from a customer eating spoiled food. Since the lawsuit could name the landlord (and they always do), your policy would help protect the landlord.


An additional insured is an endorsement to the existing policy that provides the policy benefits to the landlord for “your work.”


The landlord will want to be shown proof of being added as an additional insured. This is accomplished by having your agent complete a standard form called an Acord 25. Some agencies will charge extra for this work; we do not. We offer a form for clients to list the information needed to generate the certificate here.  If you’re not our client, make sure your agency does not charge for a COI, and processes them 7 days a week.  The worst thing that can happen is that you have a last minute opportunity on the weekend, but no one in the insurance office to process the additional insured request!