If you are not convinced you need proper insurance for your mobile food business, let me share 7 reasons why you should think again!
1) It’s the law. States require all vehicles on the road to carry insurance, even if you do not plan on moving around much, you are required to have auto insurance on a food truck.
2) Opens up opportunities. Without a general liability policy on your food truck, events, landlords, and commissary kitchens won’t work with you. <link to AI blog>
3) Sound risk management and peace of mind. If you invest thousands into your food truck and countless hours building your business you don’t want to see it end in a split second from an accident or theft. Check out our blog on Loss Prevention for a handy checklist to keep your business protected.
4) It’s socially responsible. The last thing you want to do is injure someone or damage their property with no way to help. Insurance provides a means to compensate others for accidents.
5) Protects your employees. Employees are often like family (or ARE family), and Workers Comp insurance compensates them and pays medical bills if they are injured doing their job. Still not convinced? We wrote a whole post on the disadvantages of not having Workers Comp Insurance.
6) Legal fees paid for. Insurance companies pay attorney’s fees for insurance claims on your behalf. Even for frivolous claims.
7) Protection for your assets. Accidents happen. Without insurance, your assets and your business are on the line.