The 10 questions to ask on your Food Trailer Park Lease
When you sign a commercial food trailer park lease, you are entering into a relationship where both parties have responsibilities to each other. This is one contract you will want to thoroughly read! It’s always best to ask questions ahead of time on areas that aren’t clear.
ALWAYS put any gray areas that aren’t clear in writing. Even with the best intentions of both sides, doing so will avoid miscommunication.
Don’t be left out in the cold! Make sure you understand your lease. Below are some tips that you’ll want to cover with your potential Landlord before signing anything.
- What are you going to be responsible for?
- Who pays for electricity? Do they have grey water pick up?
- What limits and coverage are you required to carry on your food trailer?
- How long are you locked into the location?
Landlords right to Terminate your lease
- Can they cancel your lease early for his or her convenience?
Access in and out of the park for your food trailer
- Will you be able to take advantage of catering opportunities and events?
- Are parking, restrooms, seating, etc. provided?
- Will they partner with you in promoting the food trailer park or just interested in filling the park with food trailers?
- Is there a limit to the number of food trailers and types of food that can be located in the park?
Hours of Operation
- Will tenants be required to be open certain hours?