ROAM – Mobile Food Conference Featured Blog

by | Nov 1, 2014 | Food Trucks, Insurance 101, Mobile Food, Mobile Food Business | 0 comments

ROAM – Mobile Food Conference Guest Post

Mobile food vendors have their challenges most every day. Running a kitchen on wheels makes every owner aptly skilled with plumbing, electrical and all types of construction and repair. Sometimes contractors can be engaged and it is wise in certain circumstances, yet food cart and truck owners are DIY people by nature. However, when it comes to insurance, where do you turn?

Most owners turn to their personal insurance broker who may or may not be skilled enough to know the ins and outs of insuring a mobile food unit.  That’s why I recommend working with companies who specialize in food truck and cart insurance. Insure My Food works hard to make insurance easy and affordable for the industry. Simple application forms, the ability to pay with a credit card and quick turnaround on certificates puts them in a position to be a good member of the mobile food community. Standard forms for property, auto and liability insurance weren’t sufficient or designed for food trucks that operate as a mobile business which could create gaps in coverage. Insure My Food understands these gaps and work to inform the customer so that you’re covered.

Insurance is key to operating a successful mobile food business. Getting catering jobs or working with corporate clients will require proof of insurance and certificates. Some companies just can’t do that quickly. Insure My Food Trailer can. As a sponsor of the ROAM Mobile Food Conference for 2014, Insure My Food has committed to partnering with the ever growing and ever evolving street food industry. If you’re looking for a new policy or would just like to make sure you’re covered at the right price, drop them a line. You can find more details about Insure My Food at

Come on down to San Antonio, TX, November 8-9, 2014 for the ROAM Mobile Food Conference to learn more about opening a mobile food business whether it be a food truck or cart. There will be something for everyone, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced owner. Register Now.

About Insure My Food

Joel Paprocki, CIC, CRM, CPCU, is the founder of Insure My Food. Joel has over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry. He is passionate about confidently helping food entrepreneurs navigate insurance and risk management. He holds all three top industry designations: Certified Insurance Counselor, Certified Risk Manager, and Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter. He has served over 5,000 clients in the food industry, including restaurants, food trucks, food manufacturers (CPG), and caterers; if you are looking for a reliable, experienced, and specialized insurance partner, please contact us.

Schedule A Call

If you are looking for a reliable and affordable insurance plan for your business. Schedule a call to speak with Joel.

Get a Quote

Just fill out our super quick application! – In short order, we will crunch the numbers, and send a quote to your email.

Recommended Reading

Preventing Thefts In Your Mobile Food Business

Preventing Thefts In Your Mobile Food Business

Tis’ the season for food truck and food trailer owners to get a much-deserved rest and break from the daily grind of the busy summer season. Unlike restaurants, chefs and caterers, who are well into the busy holiday season. Unfortunately, this time of year has...

read more
All You Need To Know About Food Truck Insurance Coverage

All You Need To Know About Food Truck Insurance Coverage

Confused by the complexities of food truck insurance coverage and not sure what exactly you need? We get it. It can be confusing, so we’re going to break down the different types of coverage for you using understandable language (and not insurance-gibberish). First,...

read more